Hello and welcome to my homepage. My name is Stacy Zemke and I am the Open Educational Resource Coordinator for the University of Oklahoma Libraries.
You can fllow me at the OU OpenEd blog as well as view the OER guides
I was born in Oklahoma, but started my academic career in Art History at the University of Colorado in Boulder. After earning my Master Degree I worked as the Fine Arts Slide Librarian at CU, where I got hooked on technology and how it could be used in academic environments. I then worked in distance education and faculty technology support at the University of Central Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma Information Technology Department.
From 2006 through 2013, I was an adjunct instructor for the School or Library and
Information Studies(SLIS) at OU.
Courses Taught: (click on the course title to view a sample syllabus in PDF format - future syllabi are subject to change)
- LIS-2003, Introduction to Information Studies
Information and Communication Technology
(formerly LIS-4003, LIS-4603)
- LIS-4223/5223, Information Technology Management
- LIS-4633/5633, Design & Implementation of Web-based Information Services (formerly LIS-4103)
Information Studies Capstone
- B.A. Art History - University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.A. Art History - University of Colorado, Boulder
Thesis Title - Nicolai Fechin, A Conservation
- M.S. Knowledge Management - University of Oklahoma
Thesis Title - Academic Knowledge Sharing on the Web:
Webometric Analysis of Bookmark and Tag Clustering Trends in Connotea
My current research is focused on how academic communities use online interactive technologies in their research and knowledge sharing, focused on Open Knowledge and Open Educational Resources.